Mr.John Millican has been in the racing industry since he was a child – having been the son of a Gold Coast Turf Club chairman. It is there where John first worked in racing gaining experience in all aspects of race clubs and management – from the racing office to working on the track. He held numerous race day official positions and eventually moved to Melbourne to become a Cadet Steward under the renowned Australian racing administrator, Des Gleeson. After learning his trade, he returned to QLD where he was a Chairman of Stewards for the Western Downs region for 18 months. John has led many major programs, including the EI vaccination program for the Western Downs. Completing a Bachelor of Business at Bond University and several post graduate certificates in strategic management (specifically change and disruption management) John has for the past eleven years worked within the wagering sector, ensuring the operational integrity of the pari-mutuel system for several Australian states. John has also consulted for several non-racing/wagering entities, implementing several change and disruption programs. John is not only an expert in pari-mutuel wagering but is on the cutting-edgeof the wagering and gambling industry at large.
Mr. Wayne Wood is a well-respected and highly-regarded member of the international racing community with a wealth of thoroughbred racing experience, both in practical terms and as a senior administrator. He has held the positions of Chairman of Stipendiary Stewards of the West Australian Turf Club (W.A.T.C) and during his tenure there, became the youngest Chairman of Stewards for a Principal Club in Australia. He has been named the WA Racing Achiever of the Year, which is awarded to the person who makes the greatest contribution to the advancement of racing. Mr. Wood also has held the post of Chief Investigator for Queensland Racing, Chief Integrity Steward for the Royal Western India Turf Club (Mumbai, India), Director of Racing and Chief Stipendiary Steward for the Bangalore Turf Club (Bangalore, India) and more recently Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Stewards from the Royal Turf Club (Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka). Mr. Wood was the instigator and presided over Apprentice training programs for the RWITC (Mumbai) and the BTC (Bangalore).
Rowan Goshcnick is an accomplished professional who has spent the past 20 years in the wagering industry. Rowan most recently was the General Manager for Racing Operations with UBET – being specifically selected by TABCORP to guide the integration process. Prior to this Rowan was responsible for the operation of the local tote system – and as such is an expert in the use of the WAGON platform, which is operational throughout QLD, even for non-tab meetings. This platform is exceptionally complicated and Rowan is one of the last experts left in operation for this system.
Rowan also has vast experience in hospitality operations, having been responsible for various projects in the event planning sphere. He has responsible for doing various events in Brisbane, planning bar operations all the way through to meal roll out plans.
Bill Millican is an experienced lawyer, as well as a business and sports administrator. With experience in many sectors of the legal profession, and with keen business acumen, Mr. Millican's extensive career includes:
· Magistrates Courts Service
· Northern Crown Prosecutors Office
· Public Defenders Office Common Law Section, State Crown Law office
· Advisory Section, State Crown Law Office
· Solicitor & Partner A.Kootsookos & Co – Commercial Practice
· Sole Practitioner – Millican & Associates – General Practice
· Consultant Solicitor – Collas Moro Ross, Solicitors – Commercial, Crime, LiquorLicensing
· Member of the Gold Coast Turf Club Committee for 19 years (now Life Member)
· Chairman of the Gold Coast Turf Club for five (5) years
In his time within the professional sphere some of his more notable achievements and positions were:
· Extensive Experience in Criminal Law having appeared in and instructed Counsel in numerous trials and sentences in all Courts
· Queensland Instructing Solicitor in the Williams Royal Commission of Inquiry into Drugs
· Extensive experience in civil litigation including Local Government Matters
· Extensive experience in Liquor Licensing Matters including Applications for various licenses
· Extensive experience in Company Law and Body Corporate Law Extensive Experience in conveyancing including Purchase and Sale of Businesses
· Extensive experience in the Rules of Racing including appearing at first level appeals and Racing Appeals Tribunal (now QCAT)
· TAB Racing Club Representative with Racing Queensland as it then was
· Owner of Thoroughbred Race Horses
· Previously Solicitor for Gold Coast Harness Club
· Three time Asian Racing Conference invitee for the years of 2003,2005,2007
Grant is a highly experienced equine professional who has worked all over the world - having worked in studs in Australia, New Zealand, North America and Europe. With expertise in all things 'horse' Grant is our first Regional Associate.
Juliano is an avid harness expert and comes from a strong harness racing family. With a deep understanding of the industry, he has spent most of his working life specialising in this code of racing. He most recently was a fixed price consultant regarding harness racing for TABCORP, assisting in training program development and form/racebook compilation.